Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kaufmann Desert House


With such great weather in California, I've been dreaming of architect Richard Neutra's  Kaufmann desert house in Palm Springs. I cannot wait to have our own little property where we can fully enjoy the sunny days. Barbeques and swimming days are only the beginning. Even though I don't think we would move to Palm Springs anytime soon, I definitely would take some of Richards architectural elements and make it our own.






Slim Aarons took many great shots here at the house. I love them all. So 60's. The photographs gives you only a glimpse of the great times held here.


Fashion desginer Derek Lam drew inspiration from the house for his spring 2012 collection using simple lines and muted tones with a punch of bright colors and earth tones.




Happy living.


1 comment: